Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Javina's Secret

One day, long ago, the wasp and the bumble bee met while they were flying.

“Hi, my name is Javina,” said the bumble bee.

“I am Stinger, the wasp,” she said showing Javina her stinger while trying to intimidate her.

“See you later,” said Javina and continued on her way. Everyday, Javina always took the same path and did the same things, buzzing from flower to flower always saying good morning to the other animals and insects.

Stinger and his friends would laugh and say not so nice things about Javina.

In spite of all the things Stinger and her friends did, Javina continued what she set out to do; building her hive and making the sweetest honey in the land. Sometimes the winds would help Javina to pollinate.

Avina, the prettiest meadow flower, was full and overflowing with the sweetest nectar of all flowers, for miles. Everybody loved Avina.

Avina invited Javina to stay and chat. Hours passed as they laughed and talked that day. Javina learned how the land and the water met and worked in harmony as they listened to each other. How the night and day respected each other. Javina also learned how Avina made the sweetest nectar and how she works with the river, land, sun, wind, ants and other insects that made it possible for her to make the sweetest nectar in the land.

“Javina,” said Avina. Now you will be known as Sweet Javina Honeybee. That moment, Javina stopped and listened, and in a flash, saw how the meadow and all that were in it worked together.

“I have to bee getting home. Bye Avina and thanks.”

Off she went.

“What’s the hurry,” Stinger said, flying next to Javina.

“I need to get home.”

The next morning, Stinger and her friends waited and watched for Javina. As soon as they saw her, they started to laugh at her.

“What do you have there?” asked Stinger.

“I was on my way to give you some of my freshly made honey. Here, taste.”

“Mmmm. This is good. Can you teach me how to make honey?”

“Sure,” said Javina.

That day, Javina showed Stinger how to build the honey comb. Soon after they laid the last piece of the honey comb, Stinger stung Javina.

“Why did you do that?” asked Javina.

“Now, I will have the sweetest honey in the land,” said Stinger.

Days and days passed as Stinger waited for the honey, but there was none.

You see, Javina the bumble bee, never gave up the secret to Stinger. So to this day, wasps keep stinging, and bees keep making sweet honey.

“I should know. I am Sweet Javina Honeybee." Written by L.N.C.

No comments:

Google