“I wonder where they’re going. I have to get off this ship,” Little Josh said to himself. “I know, I’ll wait until they’re sleeping and take one of the dinghies and row back to shore. But that may take days or weeks. Maybe I’ll just ask the captain to take me back to shore. He can only say yes or oh-no, what if he gets mad and he’s mean. I need to have a good plan; one that works. Let me see. The dinghies are at the far side of the ship. I have to pass lots of giant men.”
Little Josh was quickly interrupted by his growling stomach. “I’m really hungry. That Adartgicgul stole my lunch, but I got his money. Ha ha ha.”
Little Josh looked through the cabin window. The deep vast blue water stretched for miles with no land in sight.
“Mom and dad will be worried sick about me,” he sobbed as he dried the tears rolling down his face.
Little Josh slid his back against the walls of the cabins and tippy-toed pass the doors. Deep bass rhythmic snoring echoed through the silence of the cabins.
“I must be careful not to let anyone see me.” Little Josh’s eyes and mouth popped opened as he peaked through the steal bars of one of the wooden cabin doors. The king’s Knights and Adartgicgul lay sound asleep.
A hand firmly grabbed hold of Little Josh’s right shoulder startling him. He dropped to the floor breaking free from the grip.
“Sir Casperron?”
“I’m not going to hurt you. What’s your name, son?”
“Little Josh.”
Adartgicgul jumped to his feet. “Little Josh? What are you doing here? I thought I left you on the hillside by the road that leads to the king’s court.”
“Do you know this boy, Adartgicgul?” asked Sir Casperron.
“Yes, yes indeed.”
The sound of stumping boots grew louder. Little Josh quickly hid himself behind the empty wooden rum barrels.
“Here is your food. Captain Copperhead wants to keep yous healthy. As for you Adartgicgul, I hope Captain Copperhead gives you the plank, and the sharks crush your bones. Either way, we’ll have lots of rum and gold,” said the pirate.
“Say, you wouldn’t happen to know where Captain Copperhead is sailing to, would you?” asked Adartgicgul.
“I would not tell the likes of you,” retorted the pirate, as he walked away.
Little Josh peaked out from behind the barrels. The coast was clear.
The knights and Adartgicgul ate.
Little Josh rubbed his stomach.
Sir Casperron gave Little Josh a large leg of lamb and bread.
“Thank you, sir. Am I ever hungry. Adartgicgul stole my lunch yesterday.”
“Uhmm, how did you get on this ship?” asked Sir Casperron.
“I found it in the cave where the giant squid guards the entrance.”
“We have a stow-away on board. Deck cleaning time,” announced Adartgicgul.
“No mention of this boy on board, Adartgicgul. Understand?” demanded Sir Casperron.
The other knights agreed. Their eyes fixed on Adartgicgul.
Sir Casperron said to Little Josh. “You must stay out of sight, and help us get out of here. You heard what the pirate said. We must come up with a plan,”
Little Josh nodded in agreement.
Back in the land of Rodneons, when the Queen heard the news that Sir Casperron and some of the other knights were captured by Captain Copperhead, she stormed out of the garden.
Her hand maiden and the guards briskly followed her into the palace.
“Queen Amerha,” the king’s guard called.
But before he could say another word, the Queen commanded, “Stand aside,” as she pushed the door open herself.
“My Queen,” said the King. “You’re furious.”
“Queen Amerha replied, “That pirate Captain Copperhead has kidnapped our son. What are we going to do?”
“Capeons has been dispatched!” the king announced.
All the officials and royal guards whispered among themselves.
Queen Amerha gasped as she covered her mouth with her hand, and quietly whispered, “Capeons has been dispatched?” Written by L.N.C.
Remember to read to your children the exciting Adventures of Little Josh and Adartgicgul.
Send your comments to 101@muchexpectation.com
Expect more exciting adventures of Little Josh and Adartgicgul.
Little Josh was quickly interrupted by his growling stomach. “I’m really hungry. That Adartgicgul stole my lunch, but I got his money. Ha ha ha.”
Little Josh looked through the cabin window. The deep vast blue water stretched for miles with no land in sight.
“Mom and dad will be worried sick about me,” he sobbed as he dried the tears rolling down his face.
Little Josh slid his back against the walls of the cabins and tippy-toed pass the doors. Deep bass rhythmic snoring echoed through the silence of the cabins.
“I must be careful not to let anyone see me.” Little Josh’s eyes and mouth popped opened as he peaked through the steal bars of one of the wooden cabin doors. The king’s Knights and Adartgicgul lay sound asleep.
A hand firmly grabbed hold of Little Josh’s right shoulder startling him. He dropped to the floor breaking free from the grip.
“Sir Casperron?”
“I’m not going to hurt you. What’s your name, son?”
“Little Josh.”
Adartgicgul jumped to his feet. “Little Josh? What are you doing here? I thought I left you on the hillside by the road that leads to the king’s court.”
“Do you know this boy, Adartgicgul?” asked Sir Casperron.
“Yes, yes indeed.”
The sound of stumping boots grew louder. Little Josh quickly hid himself behind the empty wooden rum barrels.
“Here is your food. Captain Copperhead wants to keep yous healthy. As for you Adartgicgul, I hope Captain Copperhead gives you the plank, and the sharks crush your bones. Either way, we’ll have lots of rum and gold,” said the pirate.
“Say, you wouldn’t happen to know where Captain Copperhead is sailing to, would you?” asked Adartgicgul.
“I would not tell the likes of you,” retorted the pirate, as he walked away.
Little Josh peaked out from behind the barrels. The coast was clear.
The knights and Adartgicgul ate.
Little Josh rubbed his stomach.
Sir Casperron gave Little Josh a large leg of lamb and bread.
“Thank you, sir. Am I ever hungry. Adartgicgul stole my lunch yesterday.”
“Uhmm, how did you get on this ship?” asked Sir Casperron.
“I found it in the cave where the giant squid guards the entrance.”
“We have a stow-away on board. Deck cleaning time,” announced Adartgicgul.
“No mention of this boy on board, Adartgicgul. Understand?” demanded Sir Casperron.
The other knights agreed. Their eyes fixed on Adartgicgul.
Sir Casperron said to Little Josh. “You must stay out of sight, and help us get out of here. You heard what the pirate said. We must come up with a plan,”
Little Josh nodded in agreement.
Back in the land of Rodneons, when the Queen heard the news that Sir Casperron and some of the other knights were captured by Captain Copperhead, she stormed out of the garden.
Her hand maiden and the guards briskly followed her into the palace.
“Queen Amerha,” the king’s guard called.
But before he could say another word, the Queen commanded, “Stand aside,” as she pushed the door open herself.
“My Queen,” said the King. “You’re furious.”
“Queen Amerha replied, “That pirate Captain Copperhead has kidnapped our son. What are we going to do?”
“Capeons has been dispatched!” the king announced.
All the officials and royal guards whispered among themselves.
Queen Amerha gasped as she covered her mouth with her hand, and quietly whispered, “Capeons has been dispatched?” Written by L.N.C.
Remember to read to your children the exciting Adventures of Little Josh and Adartgicgul.
Send your comments to 101@muchexpectation.com
Expect more exciting adventures of Little Josh and Adartgicgul.
No comments:
Post a Comment